Because one in nine people in the world still suffers from hunger, food aid remains vital for survival, including in countries such as the United States, the United Kingdom, Brazil or France.
In these countries, new beneficiaries have emerged: low-income workers, single mothers with children, retirees and students.
Food collections, food donations and fundraising are organized for beneficiaries of the 1,200 partner associations and food banks, such as:
- Banco de Alimentos do Rio Grande do Sul (Brazil),
- Bhumi et India Food Banking Network (India),
- China Youth Development Foundation (China),
- FareShare et Trussel Trust (UK),
- Les Restos du Cœur (France),
- Share Our Strength et Food Recovery Network (USA),
- SOS Villages d’Enfants (Peru),
- World Vision (Romania),
- Fédération Européenne des Banques Alimentaires (FEBA 20 countries)…